The book forms part of the following educational papers published internationally,
- How do I contribute to enhancing the flow of values that carry hope for humanity in personal, professional, local and global contexts and generate educational knowledge? (Anglia Ruskin University, Cambridge: 6th November 2010)
- As an Educator and Educational Researcher, How Do I Improve What I Am Doing and Contribute to Educational Theories That Carry Hope for the Future of Humanity? (Liverpool Hope University, UK: inquiry in education: Vol. 1: Iss. 2, Article 2)
- Jack Whitehead’s 2011 Mandela Day Lecture at Durban University of Technology (Durban University of Technology, 18th July 2011)
- Alan Paton Awards 2011: the book had been shortlisted for the awards, which warranted a trip to Cape Town;
- North Coast Writers’ Trail: the book forms part of the North Coast Writers’ Trail, promoting Literary Tourism;
- School Study: the book is being studied at three schools at Grade 11 level; and
- One City One Book 2016-17: the book is the official book for the eThekwini Municipality for its ONE CITY ONE BOOK 2016-17 Programme.